Why not kick start the New Year in a 21-Day Fast?
Corporate Fast – – click here to listen to audio.
Calling a “FAST” is something you and your entire congregation can participate in together as you seek the will of God.
FASTING is one of the most significant Spiritual Disciplines that leads to greater intimacy with God.
Jentezen Franklin, the Senior Pastor of Free Chapel in Gainesville, Georgia starts EVERY year off with a 21-Day FAST with his congregation. Together they seek the will of God for themselves and for their church.
Franklin has written several ‘best selling,’ easy to read books on the subject of Fasting.
Some interesting nuggets from the video by Jentezen Franklin on Fasting include:
- He never made a major decision without first seeking the Lord in prayer and fasting
- He was called to ministry during a fast
- He received his first million dollar donation to his ministry while on a fast
- The growth of his ministry in terms of increased attendance is a direct result of fasting
- Increased finances through donations is a direct result of fasting
- Increased salvations is a direct result of fasting
- Great testimonies and reports of: healings, family restoration and breakthroughs in people’s marriages also a direct result of fasting.
Jentezen Franklin’s latest book is called, “The Fasting Edge.” It takes you through all the facts about fasting including the why’s, how-to’s, when’s, etc.
At a time when church membership and attendance is shrinking, I think we all could use a kick start in the right direction.
If you have never done a ‘Corporate’ Fast, this is the greatest time to start. Pick up one of Jentezen Franklin’s books on fasting.
You can also look at some of his teaching videos on Youtube and get some ideas on how to approach the subject with your congregation.
May God bless your churches this New Year as we all Seek First the Kingdom of God.
Have you ever started the New Year off with a Corporate Fast? If not, do you think this is something you would consider implementing?