Pastors, our church just finished up a great Wednesday Night Live Service. It was a four week workshop series on Marriage and Living Single facilitated by two pastors. I don’t want to use this blog to tell you how great it was. Woops, I just did.
I would like to focus on the fact that people responded. Both classes were jammed packed with eager people wanting to learn.
The attendance frankly blew our minds. People in both workshops were faithful in coming out every week.
Now why do I mention this? Because as pastors, we need to be about meeting needs of people and being relevant. The divorce rate for Christians is about 51%. It seems obvious that married Christian folk are having just as much trouble keeping it together as Non-Christians.
Face it, when our relationships are off course, it simply affects every area in our lives.
- It affects how we relate to our children and how much patience we have with them or others.
- It affects our job performance
- it affects our Spiritual lives
- It even affects pastor’s performance from the pulpit (c’mon tell the truth and shame the devil!)
- it causes us to lean towards unhealthy vices that just end up making things worse.
Marriage Resource Tool (Take a peek at the overview video below)
That being said, I wanted to share with you a marriage resource tool I found. The organization is called, “The Art of Marriage.” Go ahead and click and peruse the site. They offer a 6-session dynamic video series: 1) God’s Purpose & Plan, 2) Drifting Towards Isolation, 3) Husband/Wife Roles, 4) Resolving Conflict, 5) Intimacy & Sex and 6) Leaving a Legacy.
Your church can actually sponsor a conference and will be provided with all of the tools you need to plan, promote, and host an event. Here are six value-adds that I know you will find beneficial:
- The promotional material comes with the deal. (Already designed: brochures, flyers, posters, door hangers, save the date cards, web banners and even power point presentation for your church announcements)
- 30/60 second Pre-recorded public service announcements are available also with scripts
- Seven videos to assist you in promoting your event
- You can register your event on ‘The Art of Marriage‘ web site so others can find your event
- The ‘Cost Calculator.‘ This tool is used to assist you in determining the cost per couple.
- If you would like to start small with an intimate group you can do that too by purchasing the Study Group Curriculum.
This site also provides articles for those who wish to get married as well. Prayerfully, I can find a compatible singles resource tool as well. And if it is out there, I will find it and share it with you.
The harvest is plentiful. We tested the waters in our church, throwing out our nets on the other side of the boat and guess what, we caught a lot of fish. It is Satan’s desire to destroy marriages and families. Here is an opportunity to not only invest in our sacred union but also to fight for our marriages and fight for the stability of our families.
Take a look at the videos and see whether or not you could manage this project at your church or in your ministry. I believe it is a good start for dialogue as it also offers up practical solutions.
Let me know how it works for you and whether you enjoyed the video.